Hybrid Events at StartWell
Welcome to a warmer, more intimate venue for connecting with your audiences – whether they are in-room or anywhere across the world, we understand that physical distancing shouldn’t keep people apart.
Our event studio on King Street West has been designed to produce amazing simultaneous in-room and virtual experiences and we provide media recording plus streaming services with venue rental.
Video Walkthrough & Introduction
All About Hybrid
What is a Hybrid Event?
In our opinion its the future of in-person events – where digital tools are used to expand the audience experience beyond the room housing a main stage.
We’ve designed a beautiful environment in-room at the Event Studio where hosts, presenters and guests can enjoy being together in a safe environment that is comfortable plus configured with high speed internet, presentation screens, multiple cameras and a live-streaming setup .
How Do You Connect Live With Digital Audiences?
Though we work with a variety of software streaming platforms like Skype, WebEx, Teams, Zoom and so on – our preferred digital event platform is hopin.to, which we use to create a virtual mirror of our stage and breakout room experience plus give guests 1-on-1 networking videoconference sessions.
With high definition cameras in the main room throughout the room we can broadcast both presentations on stage and views from the audience perspective. For break-outs, we have intimate rooms on site with presentation technology including HD conference cameras that are plug and play – choose to use our computers to connect breakouts to your main stream or use your own with the provided cameras and speakerphones.
We record media captured during your event for your own use – without watermarks or copyright restriction, so you can use the raw footage for archives or later broadcast. This service saves thousands of dollars from your event production budget and is entirely handled in-house.
Simple & Affordable Pricing
*Valid for any booked date through 2020/2021 (Offer expires Dec 31, 2020)
From the Magazine
Thoughts, research and media relating to Hybrid Events from our digital magazine.
Our event studio is furnished & serviced, with full AV (including a tech on staff) and the space is configured with 3 main zones:
Lounge Space (facing King Street)
- Couches – five modern couches which can seat 3 people each.
- Tables – marble and chrome coffee and accent tables.
- Additional seating – grey ottomans & 2 green arm chairs.
Bar / Cocktail Area (Mid-room)
- Built-in Bar – With sink, quiet 30-min cycle Bosch dishwasher, 3 fridges, microwave, & robot that brews tea!
- Complimentary Tea & Coffee – Brewed fresh in-house using local micro-roaster beans from Propeller.
- Seating – 6 walnut high tops with 20 white stools at tables and the bar, which has suspended pendant lights and under-counter power outlets for laptops etc…
Presentation Stage & Seating (North end)
- High Speed WiFi – Cisco/Meraki powered enterprise-grade network with custom SSID (‘network name’) as needed.
- Workspace – 3 rectangular tables on castors w/30 ergonomic task chairs for workshops & working groups
- Theatre seating – 100 optional black folding chairs.
- Stage – With flexible and sound-dampening backdrop, our stage is lit with 5 spots for great looking presentations and recorded footage plus we have a lectern/podium, stools and comfortable low seating for keynotes, fireside chats and discussion panels.
- Sound – Our central AV booth next to the stage controls sound on stage and in the audience – with 3 separated zones. We have both wired and wireless microphones.
- Screens & Presentation – Large Smart TVs on wheels (with HDMI connections), Ceiling-mounted 1080 HD Projector with screen plus white boards on easels & wheels (with markers and erasers.)
- Videography – 1080 HD Footage of your event; captured from our single or multi-cam setup to use with no license restrictions.
- Live-streaming – Single or multi-cam live recordings of staged events at the venue with optional streaming to software like Zoom or services like Youtube.
- Staffing – We can arrange for servers, bartenders, security and other staffing as needed for your event.
- Catering & Food service – We can recommend solutions or you can simply use your own caterer for no extra fees!
- Photography – Our photographers don’t watermark their shots and let you do whatever you’d like with photos captured at the event.
- Professional Podcast Studio – Book the studio and use our mic equipment to record content with your event participants.
- Extra Space – We have 10 break-out and meeting rooms on-campus – sized from 2 to 20 people per room. Plus, our Innovation Centre which is just a 3 minute walk away and can accommodate 100+ people for live-stream/hybrid events, off-sites and more!
With over 2,500 square feet on a single floor, we can easily accomodate 50 physically distanced guests ensuring their comfort and sight-lines to stage. Plus, with lounge, cocktail/bar and presentation space in-room, your guests will always have a comfortable place to network and watch presentations.
The Perfect Location
Green P (metered) parking available on King Street daily plus underground paid parking is available across the street in the 775 King West Minto condos. Entrance is on Tecumseth & King just behind Shoppers Drug Mart. *We also have back ally access for vendor deliveries.
You’re in Great Company!
*Some of the organizations who have hosted at StartWell: