The StartWell Event Studio
With its own entrance from King Street West, this event space features a built-in bar, high ceilings, exposed brick and large windows along 3 walls, with seating options for presentations, cocktails and lounging as well as full audio-visual technology and support staff on site.
Capacity: 100 seated (theatre) / 40 seated (training/workshop at desks) / 150+ standing (cocktail)
Event Space Features
- Built-in Bar – With sink, quiet 30-min cycle Bosch dishwasher, 3 fridges, microwave, & robot that brews tea!
- Complimentary Tea & Coffee – Brewed fresh in-house using local micro-roaster beans from Propeller.
- High Speed WiFi – Cisco/Meraki powered enterprise-grade network with custom SSID (‘network name’) as needed.
- Furniture – the space comes furnished with 6 high tops & 20 stools, 3 rectangular tables on castors w/30 chairs, 5 couches, 2 marble coffee tables & up to 100 optional black folding chairs for theatre seating.
- Stage – With flexible and sound-dampening backdrop, our stage is lit with 5 spots for great looking presentations and recorded footage plus we have a lectern/podium, stools and comfortable low seating for keynotes, fireside chats and discussion panels.
- Sound – Our central AV booth next to the stage controls sound on stage and in the audience – with 3 separated zones. We have both wired and wireless microphones.
- Screens & Presentation – Large Smart TVs on wheels (with HDMI connections), Ceiling-mounted 1080 HD Projector with screen plus white boards on easels & wheels (with markers and erasers.)
- Videography – 1080 HD Footage of your event; captured from our single or multi-cam setup to use with no license restrictions.
Turn-key Virtual & Hybrid Events
All the tools, technology and support needed to host world-class virtual and hybrid events from our event studio in downtown Toronto.
Our unique space provides a comfortable and intimate setting for any type of corporate event – from a short broadcast to multi-day conferences.
A central AV booth broadcasts clear audio and crisp HD footage from multiple cameras on stage and we can record or live-stream through any software platform.
Plus, breakout sessions can be run on campus simultaneously – we have multiple meeting rooms with 1080HD conference cameras and presentation screens.
Not sure how to connect with your audience virtually? We can consult with you on formats and streaming services to use. Get in touch!
Simple & Affordable Pricing
*Valid for any booked date through 2020/2021 (Offer expires Dec 31, 2020)
- Staffing – We can arrange for servers, bartenders, security and other staffing as needed for your event.
- Catering & Food service – We can recommend solutions or you can simply use your own caterer for no extra fees!
- Photography – Our photographers don’t watermark their shots and let you do whatever you’d like with photos captured at the event.
- Professional Podcast Studio – Book the studio and use our mic equipment to record content with your event participants.
- Photography [$150/hr] Our in-house photographer will deliver non-watermarked photos included in the hourly rate.
- Multi-camera 1080p HD live broadcast [$500/hr] (with AV technician – including non watermarked, copy-right free footage of ceremony delivered after the event)
- Open Bar [$35/person, min 30 people] including one service staff – featuring house red and white wine plus craft beer
- Extra Space – We have 10 break-out and meeting rooms on-campus – sized from 2 to 20 people per room. Plus, our Innovation Centre which is just a 3 minute walk away and can accommodate 100+ people for live-stream/hybrid events, off-sites and more!
Take Our Interactive Tour: Drag 360° images to look around & click the white dots for the next scene.
Photos Of Past Events
Event Space Layout:
The Perfect Location
Green P (metered) parking available on King Street daily plus underground paid parking is available across the street in the 775 King West Minto condos. Entrance is on Tecumseth & King just behind Shoppers Drug Mart. *We also have back ally access for vendor deliveries.
You’re in Great Company!
*Some of the organizations who have hosted at StartWell: