Inspired Micro Weddings in Downtown Toronto
Life is stressful enough without worrying about a million things the day of your wedding. We’re here to make your special day look great whilst being fun and easy to organize with tasteful furnishings, AV and optional multi-camera live streams of your ceremony to friends and family who can’t make it in person.
We offer a turn-key option for minimally luxurious micro weddings – featuring modern industrial decor throughout – a single-floor detached building with parking in front, two entrances, soaring 16-foot ceilings, massive windows + 6 skylights, washrooms and an open kitchenette – tastefully furnished for receptions and ceremonies.
Everything You Need For a Special Day
- Exclusive use of the venue plus 5 parking spots (with the ability to decorate the front building entrance.)
- Touchless entry – swipe into the building with an app on your mobile phone. Our system can also automatically unlock the front doors for set start and end times.
- Cleaning and sanitation is included
- No catering restrictions (we can recommend caterers as needed)
- Furnishings included (lounge area with a mix of 4-seater rounds, chairs, high tops and sofa arrangements)
- Basic photo-booth included (2 soft lightboxes with mobile phone stand on tripod for timed selfies or professional photography use, with optional green, black or white cloth backdrop)
- Full AV (JBL PA with wireless and wired microphones as needed + 2 large LED TVs on wheels & 1 HD projector)
Simple & Affordable Pricing
*Valid for any booked date through 2020/2021 (Offer expires Dec 31, 2020)
If needed, we can make recommendations for officiants, floral, live music and catering.
- Photography [$150/hr] Our in-house photographer will deliver non-watermarked photos included in the hourly rate.
- Multi-camera 1080p HD live broadcast [$500/hr] (with AV technician – including non watermarked, copy-right free footage of ceremony delivered after the event)
- Open Bar [$35/person, min 30 people] including one service staff – featuring house red and white wine plus craft beer
Connect With Your Friends & Family
Every venue rental with StartWell includes cinematic live broadcasts of your special event. Our in-house AV will direct and manage a multi-camera 1080p HD stream for you, and after the event we’ll give you a high quality recording of the footage to enjoy for years to come.
Just because your wedding has a small number of people in the room doesn’t mean you have to exclude the people you care about!
The Building: StartWell’s Innovation Centre
Soaring 16 foot ceilings featuring skylights that cast magical rays of light through this completely renovated 3,400 square foot industrial space. Black beams frame walls blending stone, brick and characteristic curves that are all painted white like the floors and exposed rafters overhead and modern furnishings minimally add comfort alongside tropical plants.
Offering unparalleled privacy, comfort and joy this entire building is exclusively available for your special event and comes with 5 parking spots (for cars, private outdoor area or decoration.)
The building is laid out with an open concept that features two main spaces:
Reception Area – with open kitchen, table and sofa seating plus two washrooms.
The Studio – an inspiring space which is perfect for ceremonies that capture your spirit, complete with white or black chairs facing a bohemian stage with plants.
Our Location: 230 Niagara Street
We are conveniently on Niagara Street in a quiet downtown neighbourhood with great restaurants and shopping close by. The building is just off of Lakeshore Boulevard, near the Exhibition Place GO station and a short streetcar ride away from Union Station.
*The venue comes with 5 available parking spots on our lot, just in front of the building.
Street parking can be found easily in the neighbourhood plus just a 3 minute walk away there is underground paid parking at Upark 775 King Street West.