Salary: $40,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
You will be responsible for supporting the execution of StartWell’s self-produced events portfolio (including monthly fixtures like AWENiteTO – the largest AR/VR meetup in North America) as well as booked events being hosted at our event space on King Street West in Toronto.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and excited by the ability to own their position – you’ll be working closely with our CEO/Founder to liaise with our member companies and partners (including arts organizations, high tech startups and venture capital firms/investors) as well as end-customers who may rent our spaces for all types of events (past such companies have included Shopify, Mozilla Foundation, Lazaridis Institute, Labatt and many more.)
Our space platform is highly flexible – which means that we cater to varied event types; guest lectures to networking socials to parties, conferences, life milestone events etc… Our main space for events is a wonderful 2 floor 5,000 building right at King and Tecumseth with high ceilings, exposed brick and a built-in bar – your job will be to help fill our booking calendar and ensure that all productions in the space are a success.
The role entails:
- Delivering truly remarkable customer service.
- Ability to oversee all aspects of events – from décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, invitee list, AV, etc to execution, all within the agreed budget.
- Liaising with our member companies, partners and other customers to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Liaise with Marketing and Communications teams to promote events as needed – ensuring attendance for our self-produced event series.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes and learnings
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 year experience as Creative Event Planner
- Solid negotiation and project management and team management skills
- BS in Event Management or related field
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed corporate events
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
- Proven use of project management and email marketing software, as well as MS Office and general proficiency with technology
- Sales and marketing skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced work atmosphere