Simple, Beautiful Micro Wedding & Elopement Celebrations
Life is stressful enough without worrying about a million things the day of your wedding.
We offer a turn-key stand-alone building furnished and ready for (micro) weddings – its the perfect place to host your entire wedding, from mingling to ceremonies to meals and reception parties, all under one roof with everything you need.
Everything You Need For a Special Day
- Exclusive use of the venue plus 5 parking spots (with the ability to decorate the front building entrance.)
- Digital entry – swipe into the building with an app on your mobile phone. Our system can also automatically unlock the front doors for set start and end times.
- Cleaning and sanitation is included
- No catering restrictions (we can recommend caterers as needed)
- Furnishings – black or white chairs for guest seating during ceremonies plus 4 rounds and a rectangular table for meals.
- Optional lighting with coloured LED spot lighting and battery-powered tea light candles
- Photo booth (2 soft light boxes with mobile phone stand on tripod for timed selfies or professional photography use with sofa seating and extra chairs
- Full AV (JBL PA with wireless and wired microphones as needed + 2 large LED TVs on wheels & 1 HD projector)
Add a Livestream & Connect With Friends & Family
Our in-house digital services team can direct, manage and live-mix a multi-camera 1080p HD stream for you, and after the event we’ll give you a high quality recording of the footage to enjoy for years to come.
Just because your wedding has a small number of people in the room doesn’t mean you have to exclude the people you care about!
A Single Location For Your Entire Wedding
The building features two main entrances, so guests can come in through a separate entrance than the bridal party. With an open kitchenette, washrooms, lounge and table seating – its the perfect place to mingle before a ceremony.
We have a nook that can be closed with curtains for privacy – perfect for makeup touches or to take a moment to yourself.
Bridal Party Entrance & Ceremony Space
This single floor building is set back from Niagara Street in a charming downtown residential neighbourhood. With parking in front, there is plenty of room to prepare for a grand entrance. Inside, you’ll find the perfect spot for any ceremony – with 16′ ceilings, skylights, track lighting and curved walls, all painted white. Choose from white or black guest chairs and queue up music on our provided sound system.
You don’t need a professional photographer for great photos – our spacious photo booth with sofa can be curtained off from the ceremony space and comes with props plus lighting and a tripod to mount your mobile phone!
A Gorgeous Setting For Headshots
With high ceilings, tons of natural light and industrial chic decor – you and your guests will love capturing the moment with headshots using the building itself as a great backdrop.
Beautiful Receptions For Intimate Groups
With enough table seating for over 20 people in the main lounge space past our open kitchenette, you can host a catered reception dinner or just have fun with your guests over drinks. Moving to a festive evening vibe is easy with our multi-color LED spotlights and sound system 🙂
If needed, we can make recommendations for officiants, floral, live music and catering.
- Photography [$150/hr] Our in-house photographer will deliver non-watermarked photos included in the hourly rate.
- Multi-camera 1080p HD live broadcast [$500/hr] (with AV technician – including non watermarked, copy-right free footage of ceremony delivered after the event)
- Open Bar [$35/person, min 30 people] including one service staff – featuring house red and white wine plus craft beer
The Building: StartWell’s Innovation Centre
Soaring 16 foot ceilings featuring skylights that cast magical rays of light through this completely renovated 3,400 square foot industrial space. Black beams frame walls blending stone, brick and characteristic curves that are all painted white like the floors and exposed rafters overhead and modern furnishings minimally add comfort alongside tropical plants.
Offering unparalleled privacy, comfort and joy this entire building is exclusively available for your special event and comes with 5 parking spots (for cars, private outdoor area or decoration.)
The building is laid out with an open concept that features two main spaces:
Reception Area – with open kitchen, table and sofa seating plus two washrooms.
The Studio – an inspiring space which is perfect for ceremonies that capture your spirit, complete with white or black chairs facing a bohemian stage with plants.
Our Location: 230 Niagara Street
We are conveniently on Niagara Street in a quiet downtown neighbourhood with great restaurants and shopping close by. The building is just off of Lakeshore Boulevard, near the Exhibition Place GO station and a short streetcar ride away from Union Station.
*The venue comes with 5 available parking spots on our lot, just in front of the building.
Street parking can be found easily in the neighbourhood plus just a 3 minute walk away there is underground paid parking at Upark 775 King Street West.