Studio A (782 King Street West)
Offsite Venue – Test Kitchen – Stage – Lounge
A dedicated 2 floor venue with exposed brick and tons of light – the main studio floor features lounge, test kitchen and presentation stage setups plus meeting rooms, washrooms and work space in the lower level.
Enjoy 5,000 square feet of total space in privacy with your own entrance from King Street and back loading doors from the ally behind our building.
Perfect for shooting cooking or mixology demos, webinars or virtual conferences, interview footage or for bringing a team together as a single or multiple day working session / offsite.
Studio Rental Rates
- Overtime is charged at $200/hr
- Early drop offs + next day pickups (schedule allowing) are charged at $200 (single fee.)
- We do not charge for power usage on site
- Complimentary high speed WiFi with every rental.
- Monthly and long-term rates available. Email Us
2 Full Floors With Dedicated Street Access & Plenty Of Space
Studio A comprises 5,000 square feet in total. Rental comes with exclusive use of the lower level, giving you private meeting rooms, lounge space and washrooms.
Main Floor Studio: 3 Zones
A fully functional studio kitchen perfect for on-camera cooking demonstrations using induction stoves and a convection oven.
Regularly used to film meal-kit recipes, drink mixology & virtual kitchen parties for private groups and hospitality brands.
Our stage is a flexible setup with great lighting, mixing 5 ceiling spots with on-floor LED softboxed/diffused lighting and pipe-and-drape backdrops that can include black curtains, green, white or black hung cloth. We can optionally shoot against our beautifully refinished brick walls.
Facing King Street and Toronto’s iconic streetcars passing by is an open lounge with two main seating areas that forms an excellent green room when shooting in the test kitchen or its own bright shooting space for interviews/conversations on camera.
Lower Floor: Additional Meeting Rooms, Lounges & Washrooms
3 enclosed meeting rooms offer presentation space or private areas to shoot one-on-one content such as interviews or takeaways. The rooms each have a mounted flatscreen with HDMI and AppleTV/wireless connectivity as well as whiteboards/markers and our in-house AV team can supply speakerphones plus video conferencing equipment as needed for meetings.
This open area is perfect for jamming on ideas when in between sessions, or for taking a break from shooting. Exposed brick surround a couch and armchairs plus there’s a whiteboard to collaborate with.
The library looks onto King Street West, with plants and exposed brick. It seats ~20 between couches, round tables and an intimate nook bordered by bookshelves.
In-House Media Production & Live Streaming Services
Need headshots of your team? Documentary style films for internal communication? Live streams to international audiences in high definition? We work with clients to plan and produce amazing photo and video productions in our studio spaces.
Recent Productions in Studio A
- Bar/Kitchen Area – With sink, quiet 30-min cycle Bosch dishwasher, 3 mini fridges, 1 tall stainless steel True commercial fridge, 1 Oster french door convection oven (55.9 x 49.5 x 33 centimeters), 2 Duxtop induction stove tops, 14 piece stainless steel pots/pans, microwave, automatic TeaBot loose leaf tea brewing machine.
- Furniture – the space comes furnished with 6 high tops & 20 stools, 3 rectangular tables on castors w/30 chairs, 5 couches, 2 marble coffee tables & up to 100 optional black folding chairs for theatre seating.
- Stage – With black curtains as backdrop, our stage is lit from above with 5 ceiling mounted spotlights (3000K), 2 tripod mounted softboxes (LED, 3000k or 5000k) available (and additional optional on-floor lighting) for great looking presentations and recorded footage plus we have a lectern/podium, stools and comfortable low seating for keynotes, fireside chats and discussion panels.
- Complimentary Tea & Coffee – Brewed fresh in-house at our on-campus cafe.
- High Speed WiFi – Cisco/Meraki powered enterprise-grade network with custom SSID (‘network name’) as needed.
- Sound – Our central AV booth next to the stage controls sound on stage and in the audience – with 3 separated zones. We have both wired and wireless microphones.
- Screens & Presentation – Large Smart TVs on wheels (with HDMI connections), Ceiling-mounted 1080 HD Projector with screen plus white boards on easels & wheels (with markers and erasers.)
- Videography – our managed services team can produce content for live streaming or post-production using our Blackmagic studio suite in 1080 or 4K with up to 4 cameras simultaneously recording.
- Staffing – We can arrange for servers, bartenders, security and other staffing as needed for your event.
- Catering & Food service – We can recommend solutions or you can simply use your own caterer for no extra fees!
- Photography – Our photographers don’t watermark their shots and let you do whatever you’d like with photos captured at the event.
- Multi-camera 1080p HD live broadcast [$500/hr] (with AV technician – including non watermarked, copy-right free footage of ceremony delivered after the event)
- Open Bar [$35/person, min 30 people] including one service staff – featuring house red and white wine plus craft beer
- Extra Space – We have 10 break-out and meeting rooms on-campus – sized from 2 to 20 people per room. Plus, our Innovation Centre which is just a 3 minute walk away and can accommodate 100+ people for live-stream/hybrid events, off-sites and more!
The Perfect Location
Green P (metered) parking available on King Street daily plus underground paid parking is available across the street in the 775 King West Minto condos. Entrance is on Tecumseth & King just behind Shoppers Drug Mart. *We also have back ally access for vendor deliveries.
You’re in Great Company!
*Some of the organizations who have hosted at StartWell: