Choose The Right Venue For Your Unique Wedding at StartWell
We have two venue options on campus for weddings and milestone events.
Choose from either our warm exposed brick aesthetic in the Offsite Venue or white open space with theatrical lighting at StartWell Studios.
With fair pricing and turn-key services, our aim is to let you enjoy your special gathering without focusing on managing multiple vendors and drama.
When you rent one of our venues you’ll get a full-audio-visual experience and our in-house media production team can live-stream your celebration should you choose.
Dedicated Offsite Venue
StartWell’s Offsite Venue at 782 King Street West offers a unique atmosphere that mixes modern amenities with a timeless exposed brick aesthetic.
The main event space floor is large and bright – with soaring ceiling heights and large windows on 3 walls (facing South, East and North) plus artistic mid-century lighting fixtures that can be dimmed and turned off in zones.
The curtains can optionally black out light for controlled photography sessions and the space comes fully furnished with lounge seating, an open concept bar area (with reverse-osmosis taps for still and sparkling water) plus flexible presentation/ceremony space (with black curtain backdrop and black folding chairs – row seating for max 100 people.)
Rental comes with fully wired AV – including microphones, a great sound system for speeches and music, the ability to video conference your ceremony plus 3 large TVs (you can put up slideshows to see on both ends of the room!)
Optionally, the lower level of this building can be added onto your rental – giving you private access to washrooms, 3 break out rooms (for bridal party use or private dining) as well as another lounge space facing King Street.
The venue has its own entrance onto King Street – so your guests will easily be able to access it from taxis, streetcars, bikes or on foot and the street frontage has a lovely patio – with picnic tables and muskoka chairs.
This dedicated 3,500 sqft building is located on a quiet residential street just steps from King and Queen street – near some of Toronto’s best restaurants and bars.
Rental includes exclusive use of the entire building – with open kitchen/espresso bar, 2 washrooms and 2 main event space areas – plus two sets of AV, 20 folding tables (72” x 30”) with optional black tablecloths and 100 folding chairs.
Use the cafe space for welcome cocktails and dining – saving the studio for the ceremony and dancing or another combination, it’s up to you!
Choose either of our venues with the same straight-forward pricing!
Venue fee: $4,000 +HST (incl min 8hrs)
Additional venue rental time = $500/hr +HST
- Live-stream & Recording = $2,500 +HST (4 fixed camera angles – mixed, streamed and recorded live on site by our in-house AV team of media producers)
- Catering – we can make an introduction to our favorite caterers (we don’t have a kitchen and do not allow open flame cooking on site.)
- Additional space rental: choose from StartWell’s additional meeting spaces for additional private rooms (startwell.co/meetings)or rent both venues!
Book Your Wedding Venue Online
Why make your special event stressful? We like to keep things simple so you can enjoy yourself with your guests.
StartWell meeting and event venues come ready to use and can be booked online with a Credit Card.
All bookings are bound by our simple Terms of Service and we charge venue fees up front.
Need to cancel or change dates? No problem – we’ll credit you to rebook within 12 months or refund 50% of your fees.Your Responsibilities as a Host
- Use The Furnishings As Provided – Our furniture layouts will be discussed with you upon booking; our spaces are designed to enable your event so we don’t want things moving around too much.
- Supply Your Own Entertainment & Catering – With so many options in Toronto, we don’t lock you down to preferred vendors or charge fees to let you eat what you want.
- Enjoy Yourself – Our venues come with WiFi, Audio-Visual equipment that is easy to use, tea and coffee and automated entry (app based front doors – to automatically lock/unlock during set times or via our app) – all to make it easy for you to show up and do what you need to.
- Leave Our Space As You Found It – We prefer to have you clean your venue within the rental period but can arrange for professional cleaning for an extra $500 per booking.