Dedicated Offsite Space for Team Meetings & Events
Bring your team together for a day, week or longer – our dedicated offsite venue is the perfect place for working sessions, meetings and even creative content production.
With a main floor space that features lounge space, common work tables plus high tops and conferencing area as well as options for breakout space and flex offices in connected areas on campus. Tons of space for your full team plus its own street entrance for privacy!
- Bar/Kitchen Area – With sink, quiet 30-min cycle Bosch dishwasher, mini fridges, microwaves (plus induction stovetop and convection oven upon request.)
- Furniture – The room is furnished in 3 main zones – including a lounge area with couches facing King Street, an eating space with 3 rectangular eating tables (w/chairs and stools around our bar) plus a presentation space (with 8 folding tables and chairs with black covers in an oval configuration) on the North end of the room.
- Presentation Area – With black curtains as backdrop, the area is top-lit with spots and features an optional lectern on castors plus two 75″ 4K tvs with HD videoconferencing package included (using a single presentation mac computer, camera and 360 degree microphone.)
- Sparkling & Still Water – Available in-suite in our open bar/kitchen.
- High Speed WiFi – Cisco/Meraki powered enterprise-grade network with custom SSID (‘network name’) as needed.
- Sound – Our central AV booth next to the presentation area controls in the room – with 3 separated zones.
- Photography – Our photographers don’t watermark their shots and let you do whatever you’d like with photos captured at the event.
- Live Streams & Film Production – our managed services team can produce content for live streaming or post-production using our Blackmagic studio suite in 1080 or 4K with up to 4 cameras simultaneously recording.
- Staffing – We can arrange for servers, bartenders, security and other staffing as needed for your event.
- Coffee & Tea – Our on-site cafe can provide hot beverages for your team to enjoy just downstairs from our main offsite room.
- Catering & Food service – We can recommend solutions or you can simply use your own caterer for no extra fees!
- Open Bar – Featuring house red and white wine plus craft beer and serving staff as needed.
- Extra Space – We have 10 break-out and meeting rooms on-campus – sized from 2 to 20 people per room. Plus, StartWell Studios which is just a 3 minute walk away and can accommodate 100+ people for live-stream/hybrid events, off-sites and more!
Want to get a feel for our Offsite Venue before renting the space for your meeting? No problem – use the interactive online tour below:
Floor Plan / Layouts
The Perfect Location
Green P (metered) parking available on King Street daily plus underground paid parking is available across the street in the 775 King West Minto condos. Entrance is on Tecumseth & King just behind Shoppers Drug Mart. *We also have back ally access for vendor deliveries.
Facilitators Love Us: Stationary, Printing & Presentation Materials Are Included
We want people to feel enabled and happy when coming together at StartWell – all of our meeting spaces include services like complimentary tea/coffee and still/sparkling water – plus video conferencing tools configured for the booked room and white boards, flip charts, stationary, markers and more!
We make it easier than ever to communicate between your team at StartWell and anyone outside of the building – with bookable meeting spaces which include complimentary conference phone usage with calling anywhere in North America out of the box.
*We use enterprise grade Polycom technology ensuring clear calls.
Frequently Asked Questions
StartWell can provide you with board rooms that have up to 13 people around a single table (like our Level Up room) or up to 60 people seated in larger meeting spaces configured for all-day sessions and multi-day offsites.
Our dedicated Offsite Venue at 782 King Street West can comfortably seat 30 people around a single ‘O’ or ‘U’ table setup, with additional break out rooms + common table and lounge seating spread over 2 floors giving you enough room for 50+ people to meet.
StartWell Studios at 230 Niagara Street can simultaneously run two conferences/meetings at the same venue in rooms next to each other – both with high ceilings, great lighting and full AV. In total, the venue can accomodate 60 people seated at provided tables and up to 200 people at standing sessions.
Our board rooms and larger spaces on campus come with tools for easily setting up video conference calls with people outside the room you’ve booked.
In larger rooms, like our offsite venue, Suite 4B and StartWell Studios – you’ll find a dedicated Mac Mini pre-configured with a camera, microphone, house sound output and more. The setup for your booked room is detailed in our Producer’s Handbook which has likely been sent to you upon booking (if not, email email@example.com for a copy.)
In board rooms and booked lounge spaces – you’ll see a screen either on wheels or wall-mounted with an HDMI connection you can simply connect to your laptop (you may need a dongle/adapter if you use a thunderbolt or USB-C port), as well the TV likely has an AppleTV for Airplay support (wireless second screen for mac/iOS devices.) Also – we provide Logitech BCC950 conference cameras that have sound input (mic) and output (speaker) built in; simply connect the provided USB cable to your laptop and choose the device in your software settings.
Our provided video cameras and microphones have been configured for the spaces they are provided in – please don’t move them from their positions. Typically, our cameras allow for presenting everyone around the conference table on camera and where that isn’t possible, you can use a remote or the camera base to pan/tilt the camera.
Yes, we have multiple board rooms on campus to rent by the hour or day – they are perfectly configured to get your team around a single table for meetings and working sessions.
Our board rooms typically feature: power in-table, presentation screens (with AppleTV/AirPlay and HDMI connectivity with cables), white boards + markers, Polycom speakerphones (unlocked in North America for outbound calling to conference bridges etc…), USB video conferencing cameras with microphones and speaker functions, printing/scanning/copying and fast WiFI.
We have a few large venue options on campus that offer amazing value; with rates from just $2,500/day that include exclusive access, furnishings and turn-key services/amenities (like fast enterprise grade WiFi, retail/street entrances, coffee/tea and still/sparkling water included, video conferencing tools included, whiteboards, flip-charts and stationary, screens on wheels and much more.)