When it comes to selecting a meeting venue, the location can greatly impact the success of your gathering. At StartWell, we’re experts in providing a variety of fantastic room configurations – for any meeting purpose.
As you look through our various meeting rooms to plan your upcoming session(s), we recommend considering the following:
- Tables, desks or something more relaxing: Ensure the space you choose provides tables and seating with ample space for all participants. People may bring laptops, phones, documents, and other essentials, so everyone should be able to comfortably lay out their belongings without feeling cramped. If you plan to split into smaller groups or work individually, make sure there are enough tables or desks available – at StartWell, we have rooms for anything from 2 to 150 people to gather, with all types of seating arrangements that fit any type of meeting purpose – from board room setups to mixed format or lounge-only.
- Chair type: As you’ll likely be seated for the majority of the meeting, consider how your participants will be seated. We offer different types of seating in different bookable meeting rooms at StartWell; so you can opt for ergonomic task chairs or folding chairs (for example, if you need to reconfigure your room at different points through the booking.)
- Refreshment area: Some of our larger venues, like the Event Studio, Penthouse and Offsite Venue, have built-in bars or kitchen areas – perfect for catering drops and to have staffed or self-service open bars during or after your meeting or corporate event. In addition, every meeting at StartWell includes complimentary reverse-osmosis filtered still and sparkling water on tap, self service micro-roaster coffee, loose-leaf teas and barista service from our reception cafe.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting is crucial, particularly for meetings lasting several hours. Natural light is ideal, but if you’ll be using screens or a projector, consider venues with blinds or options without windows. If you choose a windowless space, note that cool lighting promotes alertness, mood, and productivity.
- Surrounding area: Pay attention to the immediate surroundings when selecting a space. Is it near our reception cafe where you might see or hear activity outside of the room? We have venue options on top floors, with their own street access and more – so please ask our team for help if you need special considerations for privacy or suite access and we can make recommendations.
- Aesthetics/Design: Though it may seem less important, the visual appeal of the space can impact the perceived quality of your meeting. Depending on your business type, book space at StartWell that aligns with your brand or reflect the overall vibe you want to achieve for this meeting or event.
- Cost: We have a range of rooms for all types of budgets and have tried our best to offer turn-key meeting and event spaces for hourly and daily rentals at great rates. If you are considering a multi-day or multi-room booking with us, feel free to communicate what your venue budget is upfront so that our team can work with you on custom packaging a booking that works for your needs!