We produce audio-visual podcasts and live-streamed segments from our dedicated sound studio
Our revolutionary purpose-built video podcast studio accelerates production workflows to save headaches, time and money – and actually make producing content fun!
StartWell’s sound-proofed studio on King Street has been configured for turn-key recordings and streams – with all the professional equipment needed for your content to look and sound amazing. We handle all aspects of production so you just need to show up and go live.
We can also handle post-production or give you recorded audio and video tracks to mix down in your own post-production workflow (with no watermarks or licensing restrictions.)
Straight-forward, all-inclusive pricing
Our process starts with an initial discovery call to discuss what your aims and resources are, from there we’ll plan creative and schedule recording sessions in person at our professional studio on King Street West in Toronto.
As a guideline, you can expect a 12 episode (1hr each) series to cost as low as $15,000 – including everything from recording your host and guests to post-production and publishing to YouTube, Spotify, Apple and even your website!
Tour the Studio
Example production stills
From lighting to sound to video capture and display – this studio is fully pre-configured and ready to record in!
- Godox fanless + silent spotlights (UL150C ceiling mounted: KEY = Octabox with two diffusion layers with velcro plus optional honeycomb grid, 3x UL60C FILL = Diffusion socks with barn-doors and honeycomb grids for focus.)
- 2x basic spots w/barn-doors – on tripods (optional practicals – on/off, no dimmer)
- RØDECaster Pro – four microphone inputs with studio-grade preamps for recording crystal-clear audio, smartphone, USB, and Bluetooth channels for seamlessly integrating remote guests, eight sound pads for triggering music and sound effects, powerful audio processing at the touch of a button and so much more.
- Behringer XLR vocal microphones with table stands & options for wireless lav or boundary mics
- 2x B&W reference monitor speakers (w/amp for in-room audio playback)
- 3-5 Canon 90D DSLR cameras w/HDMI (output to switcher)
- 1x 10-24mm Canon EF lens (wide angle)
- 2x 24-105mm Canon EF lens (wide angle)
- Additional Canon lenses as productions require
- Auto slider w/return motion and optional arc – for extending wide angle space on camera and visual dynamism
- Blackmagic ATEM Extreme Pro ISO switcher (for live camera switching and streaming + ISO recording to SSD via USB-C)
- 65″ QLED+ 4K Reference Screen
Location: 786 King Street West
You’ll love working on campus at StartWell and entertaining guests to bring into the studio – from killer WiFi complimentary barista serviced cafe at reception, everything is taken care of.
We’re right on King Street West – in between Tecumseth and Niagara Street. The streetcar stops at Tecumseth and Exhibition GO station is a 15 minute walk from campus. Street parking can be found easily on King Street and across the road there is an underground lot with daily and monthly rates Upark 775 King Street West.